Before using electrical equipment, the user should check the electric cord for frays, breaks and defective plugs.
Before plugging in an item of equipment, the user should check to see that the equipment is switched to the off position.
If staff notice an item of equipment overheating, sparking or smoking, the user should turn off the power supply and report the incident to the employer. Under no circumstances should the equipment be used again until checked and repaired by a competent person.
Never unplug an item of equipment by tugging on the lead, which is dangerous and can cause damage , instead always unplug an item by pull firmly on the plug.
Wet hands and electrical equipment don’t mix well, staff should ensure their hands are quite dry before using an electrical item.
Lastly, your staff should never attempt a repair to defective wiring or electrical equipment, unless suitably qualified. As stated, they should report the problem and ensure it is repaired by someone with appropriate experience