10 Mar 10 questions asked by candidates seeking a domestic staff job
A recent survey by London-based domestic staff recruitment agency, The Graham Agency, has produced 10 questions that are asked by candidates seeking a job. They are vital to avoid the possibility of confusion and disappointment after you have started work.
The top 10 questions are:
- Will my tax and insurance be paid?
- What hours will I work?
- When will my days off be?
- What are the arrangements for public and paid holidays?
- Will I be able to take my annual holiday allowance all at once, for example, to visit family who are far away?
- Will I be paid for overtime – such as babysitting, working late or working at the weekend?
- If I need a visa to work in the UK, will my employer sponsor my application?
- What happens if I am sick or need time off work?
- Do I get breaks during the day for meals?
- If I am living-in, do I eat the same food as my employer and share their kitchen?
- Will I have to wear a uniform?
Some of these questions may only apply to those coming to work from outside of the EU, but they demonstrate the sorts of concerns that many candidates have and the questions that they need to ask.
If you’re looking for a domestic staff job, check our vacancies here.