URGENT – You Must Read This Before Employing
A major survey carried out by The Graham Agency into the most important things prospective employers of domestic and household needs to know, revealed 15 Golden Rules.
Follow these Golden Rules to ensure you do not have any hidden surprises in your selection process.
- Have all of the candidate’s references been checked?
- Can you speak to their referees?
- Does the candidate have a DBS (a Disclosure and Barring Service check, formerly a Criminal Records Bureau check)?
- Has the agency placed the candidate before/are they known to them?
- Does the candidate have somewhere else to go on their days off? You may want to spend time in your home alone.
- Can the candidate travel with the family as required on holidays?
- Does the candidate have their own family in the UK or elsewhere?
- Is the candidate flexible, for example, for babysitting and/or helping at dinner parties?
- Will the candidate be willing to work over the weekends and have time off in the week?
- Is the candidate’s level of fitness appropriate to the home in which they will be working, particularly in a very large house?
- Does the candidate like pet animals?
- Is the candidate skilled at cooking and able to meet specific dietary requirements?
- What other skills and qualifications do they have?
- Does the candidate have acceptable English-speaking skills? And do they speak any other language?
- Does the candidate have the right to work in the UK?
Using professional recruitment consultants with relevant experience will ensure that all these checks are carried out. So when you are looking for domestic and household staff talk to us first.