13 vital questions I need to ask when hiring a housekeeper?
A survey carried out by The Graham Agency into the most important things a prospective employer of a housekeeper needs to know has revealed a top 13 questions you should always ask.
They have been compiled into a unique check list to ensure there will be no hidden surprises once the employee starts work with you.
- Have all of the candidate’s references been checked?
- Does the candidate have a DBS? (Disclosure and Barring Service check, previously the Criminal Records Bureau check)
- Does the candidate have somewhere else to go on their days off? You may want time in the house alone.
- Has the agency placed the candidate before/are they known to them?
- Can you speak to the previous referees?
- Can the candidate travel with the family as required on holidays?
- Is the candidate flexible for babysitting and or helping at dinner parties, for instance?
- Will the candidate work over the weekends and have time off in the week?
- Is the applicant pet-friendly?
- Is the applicant physically fit? (Particularly if they will be working in a large house)
- Is the candidate skilled at cooking and able to meet specific dietary requirements?
- Does the applicant have adequate English-speaking skills?
- Does the applicant have the right to work in the UK?
The Graham Agency takes the utmost care in ensuring they match client families with the most suitable applicant.